Friday, October 17, 2008

The good, the sad, the cats, the comparison

The good:

My voice lesson yesterday. Especially when she had my lie on the desks on my back to sing. Yes, desks, because my lesson takes place in an elementary school classroom. There's more but I've had too much to drink to go into it now.

The sad:

My friend Colleen lost her battle with cancer today. She is survived by her husband and two children, ages 2 and 5. My heart if breaking for her going, knowing that her kids would be growing up without their mother, and the 2 year old won't remember her.

The cats:


Viola and her closeup, last week.


Viola and Alex when he was about 3 or 4 months old.


Whose crib is this anyway? Alex, age 3 or 4 months.


The comparison:

I'm short! I forget that I'm short until I see pictures like this.

March, 2008 .........and......... October, 2008

2 comments:

beauvoir2 said...

I am so sorry that you have lost a friend. My condolences to you and to her family.

Susan said...

Thank you so much.