Monday, October 13, 2008

Less Talk, More Music

Seems to me that all the blog talk (here and elsewhere) about Pearl Fishers has been about the bods rather than the music. And the postcards. Now it's time to mention some of the amazing singing taking place in this opera.

Today let's talk about Christian Van Horn. Deep. Deep deep voice. Like, elephants and whales can hear him world wide, and no doubt are listening, because they are smart animals. So why doesn't this man have more of a YouTube presence? Is this him? Even if it is, there are no vids of him singing, so next I'll direct you here. Personally I'm lovin' his "Cedi cedi." I'm off to see Lucia next week, by the way. Not with CVH, obviously, since he's otherwise occupied. I mean, employed. To clarify, I'm neither going with him to see the opera nor seeing him perform in it. But as I've said about a gagillion times, he seems to be a goofball, what with those postcards and all. It's very "Goofballs R Us" here at the I'd Rather Be Sleeping house, so he earns several thumbs up all around.

So. I wonder if I should find a piece of music, like, for example, I could cut something out of Pearl Fishers, and make a video slide-show for YouTube, just because. You know, because I can.

2 comments:

Kaitebon said...

I'd like to hear him singing Elijah in (drumroll please.......................)


Mendelssohn's Elijah

I think he'd be perfect!

Susan said...

Well who knows - there's always a chance that he'll see your comment and take it under advisement, ha ha.