Saturday, October 4, 2008

If Only I were RICH RICH RICH

Yes, we've all done it. We've all fantasized about what we would do if we won the lottery, the Publisher's Clearinghouse or some other multi-million dollar prize that would set us up for life. They say money can't buy happiness, but I'd be willing to test that theory.

For example, if money were no object, I'd already have booked a flight to and a hotel in Chicago and would have tickets to see Pearl Fishers once or twice. But money is an object, an object that I don't have enough of to go gallivanting off all over the country to follow opera singers and maybe offer to do their laundry.

So, until I strike it rich, I'll have to live vicariously through friends who do get to go, and I'll also live internally, in my head, because anything can happen there, and, like Vegas, what happens in my mind, stays in my mind.


While we wait for all that, put this into your mind.

And as always, go, rate, comment, enjoy.

*******

Update:

My friend received the infamous postcard from the person. I thought I had gotten mine the other day... but it was a card from the vet reminding me to bring Diego in for his shots. Meow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laundry? What a strange idea. That's a great postcard, though. It's so cool that he takes time for that and for the blog. Thank you Mr. VH!

Susan said...

Yeah, why are we all still awake? Oh yeah, it's opera and its accouterments, as usual, keeping us awake.