Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Lu-Cha-Cha-Chia!

After a consultation with a Fashion Expert (ok he's 4 and was in the bath at the time) I have figured out what to wear to the opera tonight. Yes, that's right, I haven't posted about it much, but tonight I'm seeing Lucia di Lammermor at the Met!! Diana Damrau! And thank goodness I did well on the logic portion of the GRE all those years ago:

  • I have to get Alex from school at 1:00.
  • Husband will walk there from home.
  • Alex has music class from 2 to 2:45.
  • Husband will drop me off at the train station at 1:30 or 1:45
  • I'll take whatever train comes next.
  • Husband will accompany Alex to music class.
  • I will walk from Penn Station up Broadway to eventually end up at Cafe Fiorello to meet my party at 5:15.
  • I plan on ducking in and out of boutiques and shoe stores, feigning interest in $500 shoes.
  • Opera is at 8:00.
  • Limo ride home after opera.

This limo ride is the reason that Husband will be walking to Alex's school, otherwise I'd drive myself to the train station, park there, take the train back and then drive myself home.

I have with me:

  • The Ticket
  • Various Medications Just In Case
  • My Fancy Shoes
  • Band-Aids
  • My Hiking Shoes (and socks!!) for my Uptown Hike
  • Makeup
  • Rhinestone Bling
  • Water
  • Granola Bar
  • iPhone
  • Hopefully the binoculars, if Husband can find them at home.

Full report of the day will follow once I recover. Here's hoping I can stay awake during the performance.

2 comments:

Carlos said...

Cafe Fiorello! Nice place, indeed! Enjoy the day and the performance!

Kaitebon said...

Have fun!