Wednesday, October 15, 2008

TicketMistress, BackstageMaster

Ticket for sale! Getchur ticket here!!!

One of our party next week for Lucia at the Met had to pull out due to an illness in the family. One week to go and suddenly there's this ticket available, Grand Tier!!! Just $110!!! Any takers? Seriously... post a comment with your contact info. I won't publish it, but I will contact you.

Next...

Tomorrow is my friend Ann's whirlwind visit to Chicago to see Pearl Fishers. She has not only given me permission to use her name, she has encouraged me to, so there it is. Ann. Going tomorrow. To Chicago. Pearl Fishers. If she's lucky, the cast member who offered to put her on the backstage list might even remember to do so. She'll be reporting to me telephonically during intermission and afterwards, and I will, of course, update the blog with her adventures whenever I can. Her only problem is that she has to leave for the airport at about 6, so she's not sure she'll have enough time to meet & greet & photograph & simper & so on & so forth & etc.

When I went to see Barbiere there I too had this feeling of, "I sure hope he (John Osborn) remembers to put me on the list..." and of course he did. Actually it was pretty funny because we exchanged these semi-formal emails about it, and then we went out drinking and all hell broke loose. Ok not hell, not even heck, but it sure as hades wasn't formal. What am I trying to say? It was just normal. Hmm a rhyme. Normal, not formal. Ah I could go on and on with this a la Dr. Seuss, but ... I won't.

So where was I? Right... let's hope she's on the list, because if she's not, I'm the one who'll have to listen to her cry.

4 comments:

beauvoir2 said...

Oh my gosh Susan I just found this site. This is so cool to see that there are other people who enjoy opera as much as I do. I'm the one who wrote on you YouTube page that I saw the Pearl Fishers and sang for Julie. I'm very excited for your friend and the next time you talk to Mr. Van Horn, maybe you could tell him that I thought he was awesome. Keep up the great blog!

Susan said...

Thanks! I'm glad you found me here.

You can tell Mr. Van Horn yourself - find him on facebook or myspace and send him a message. ;)

DivaVixxen said...

Why must you wave those tickets in front of my face???? I have neither the time, nor the money. You, madam, are a worse temptation than pumpkin muffins at Dunkin Doughnuts.

Susan said...

You're in luck - they're all sold out of pumpkin muffins. The ticket has been taken.