Friday, July 4, 2008

Wigging Out!!

Got two emails from the super captain (I love that, he sounds like a super-hero) today. Email # 1 has the word "wig" in it 4 times. Go ahead, count them:

Dear Supers:

The la Traviata piano dress is at 11 am on Saturday. The only wig call I see is Kelly at 10:35. If you haven't seen wigs yet you should drop by wigs early so they can decide if you need to be wigged.

Wigged? I don't want to be wigged! And Kelly - she has gorgeous long black curly hair. GORGEOUS! What a shame to cover it under a wig. Can't we all do buns? Or beaded corn-rows?

And email #2, for my professional resume no doubt:

Dear Supers:

From John:

By the way, the supers are doing terrific. Very attentive, and really know their stuff.

You guys are super supers! Also, you will not be needed for the Wandel.

Hooray for small favors. What, I don't need to wander around the stage trying not to spill the feather-light champagne flutes? Hmm on the other hand maybe I should go...

I hope the prop people remember to bring towels. I'll be the one on stage in the checkered dress, on my hands and knees wiping up the spill as the opera moves on around me.

I'm looking forward to the dress rehearsal for several reasons, but by far my favorite is to see how everyone maneuvers around in their giant dresses. Space was tight yesterday in Tiny Clothes. Should be interesting.

No comments: