Friday, July 18, 2008

Rants, Reminders, Cats

****************************************************

On a totally unrelated note: Momentary rant on the subject of freedom of speech:


This blog is about me. I write whatever I want, whatever comes to my head, whatever makes an impression on me, etc. I don't slander anyone and I don't break any laws. So what is up with people In Real Life approaching me out of the blue and asking me not to write about them, like someone did yesterday? If I then DON'T write about that person it doesn't mean I listened to him or her. It simply means that I never planned on mentioning the person. Heh heh I guess I just did, sort of.

And ok, if a person happens to host a website, legally that person can't prevent people from linking to it. If I am asked nicely (and please don't tell me your lawyers are going to call me unless they want to give me extra Yankees tickets, then by all means give them my number), I'll
probably edit an entry, but if anyone anywhere, In Real Life or online, fancies him or herself important enough to tell me what and what not to write about in my own personal blog, a blog about me, get over it. It's not about anyone else. It's about me! Besides, about 20 people read the blog, tops. Maybe 25 on a good day. It's interesting to know that I'm perceived as having so much power. Trust me, I don't.

So I'm not trying to be mean, or whatever. Just this: Remember - it's just a blog. And oh yeah, it's about me. Ok, /rant.



****************************************************

And now, just to remind ourselves of what it's all about:



Ta da! Cat pic Friday!

2 comments:

DivaVixxen said...

I would just like to remind you that if you mention me, please also mention that I am an Austrian supermodel. Okay? Thanks.

Susan said...

Anyone who clicks on your profile will figure that out as soon as they see your picture. Of course, we all know why your picture shows only legs. Don't worry, though, I won't tell why. ;)