Thursday, February 26, 2009

Out of Sorts

Voice lesson was canceled today because my teacher had something she needed to do tonight. I really do rely on my lessons for the psychological release I get, first because I tell her all the crap (and the joys!) of the past week, and then because singing just does that. Plus focusing on singing, losing myself in it, is therapeutic. It's a chunk of time that I'm not thinking about anything else, and it's quite refreshing.

So instead I went out for dinner with a good friend. We haven't seen each other without one or both of our kids tagging along in a very long time. It was great! She wanted to see recent Alex pics so I handed her the iPhone. She was scrolling through the photos when she came upon this one. She almost dropped the phone. Then she said in a serious tone, "Will you please email this to me?"
Of course I then invited her to accompany me on my Baltimore adventure this Sunday. She can't make it but I have a feeling she would if she could.

There is one problem looming for Sunday. Here, I'll paste it directly from the National Weather Service.:


Sunday: Snow and sleet likely. Cloudy, with a high near 37. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Sunday Night: A chance of snow showers. Cloudy, with a low around 25. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

Yeah. Not sure what that means for the road conditions. Of course, that's local. Let's check Baltimore:

Sunday: A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 42. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Sunday Night: A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Ok, that's not so bad.

Guess I'll wear my galoshes, just in case.

No comments: