Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Opera Futures

I'm busy saving my pennies - the Met's 2009-2010 season has been announced!!

So of course I'm going to see Carmen with Liz Caballero as Frasquita. Don't know yet which performances she'll be in, but I should have that info by the time tickets go on sale in August.

Next of course of course of course I absolutely must for sure go to see oh wait who was it OH YEAH Nathan Gunn as Papageno!!!! Die Zauberflote!!

Thursday, April 1, 2010, 8:00 pm
Fischer; Kleiter, Shagimuratova, Polenzani, Gunn, Pittsinger, König

Tuesday, April 6, 2010, 8:00 pm
Fischer; Kleiter, Shagimuratova, Polenzani, Gunn, Pittsinger, König

Thursday, April 8, 2010, 8:00 pm
Fischer; Kleiter, Shagimuratova, Polenzani, Gunn, Pittsinger, König

Saturday, April 10, 2010, 1:00 pm
Fischer; Kleiter, Shagimuratova, Polenzani, Gunn, Pittsinger, König

That's like, over a year from now. Wow. Well, it's good to plan ahead. Now I know to turn down all invitations I get for next April until I know which performance I'll be attending.

Then of course there's Nozze, Traviata, La Fille, Barbiere, Boheme... but let's be reasonable. Let's keep it to the performances that Juan Diego Florez will be in... um... just La Fille I think. BUT Diana Damrau is in that too. But she's also in Barbiere. But I've seen both operas. But so what. But but but...

And of course I'm also going to see John Osborn in Les Huguenots at NYCO in November. At least I think that's the what and where. It's definitely the who. Somewhere in New York. Singing something. And I'll go.

Man how am I going to afford all this? Oh well I'll figure it out.

4 comments:

Maria said...

I hate you.

Maria said...

I hate you.

Susan said...

Wow Maria you hate me so much you told me twice! But I don't believe you.

Come on out next April and we'll all go together.

tcarstetter said...

Indeed you are so fortunate to see Mr. Gunn's ebuillent and hilarious characterization of Papageno! Papageno is one of my favorite characters in opera! In fact, I imagine a Russian styled magic flute and Mr. Gunn as the whimisical birdcatcher dressed as pictureseque peasant.