Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The Tapes

Each week I record my voice lesson so I can listen to the tips and so on from my teacher. I also use them to warm up, especially since the electric piano suffered one too many falls off the ottoman where it was perched. (Don't even try to imagine what my living room looks like...) I'm even able to listen without cringing, except of course when I think I sound flat or sharp or harsh or tight or whatever... occasionally there's an nice sounding note, sometimes two, sometimes even in a row.

When I first started my lessons I couldn't bear to listen to myself on the tapes. I probably still couldn't bear to listen to those early tapes. In fact I should probably destroy them. If I weren't anti-litter I'd toss them out the car window while driving on the highway.

So where was I?

Right. I have a voice eval in one week. My teacher has been pleased with my improvement over the past few lessons. My last lesson before the eval is tomorrow, and... I haven't listened to last week's tape yet. Granted, Alex's breathing problem filled up most of my brain power over the weekend, but still...

I guess I'll have to listen on the way there tomorrow...

No comments: