Thursday, May 8, 2008

A Lusty Month of May? (photo added)

Just saw Camelot on Live from Lincoln Center. Will do a full review tomorrow, however, just wanted to post some initial impressions.


Like, I like shiny things. For example, shiny shirts paired with leather pants. And people who wear things like that are A-Ok in my book. And no you may not borrow my book. It's mine and I'm not sharing. But as usual, I digress... where was I?

Yes... initial impressions...

What's-her-name, Fran the whiner, should stick to The Nanny and stay off live stage. She looks good in the dress but could she please just keep her mouth shut?

And... if we play 6 degrees of separation... Nathan Gunn has now worked with Christopher Lloyd who worked with Danny Devito and also Michael J. Fox. Danny Devito has worked with Arnold Schwarzenegger (sp?) and also Bette Middler, who has worked with Barry Manilow... Nathan Gunn is that close to Barry Manilow in this game? Ok I'm stopping now before this truly gets out of hand.

A vaguely more serious post about the performance will follow tomorrow or Saturday. And by serious, of course, I mean, mostly silly.

3 comments:

Lydia said...

I really loved the performance; the last time I had seen Camelot I was about 8 years old. I loved the combination of performers from all types of theater; too bad Mr. Byrne isn't much of a singer, because his acting was brilliant.

And...those PANTS!! I thought Hvorostovsky was the only baritone who could pull off leather pants...

Lydia said...

Oh, and I want to borrow your book. ;)

Susan said...

Lydia, I think you have your own book... ;)