Sunday, May 4, 2008

That's My Boy

On the way home from a friend's house yesterday evening, Alex said, "I want to hear that music."
"What music?"
"That music we were listening to on the way here."
Right. Alex wanted to listen to... La Fille du Regiment.
"What part?"
"The loud part."
"Rataplan?" (this is what the soldiers sing when they're all drunk)
"YES!"

The CD was already set to the trio in act 2, so we listened to that, then I put the other disc in. The entire act is one track so I had to fast forward, so we also listened to the patriotic song Marie sings for Tonio and the regiment, and then the love duet.

That's my opera-lovin' boy.

2 comments:

Raisa said...

Susan:
I think it's wonderful that you are teaching your son to appreciate music - you are getting yourself a great and very understanding friend there. I think every mother should make music an important part of their child's life. Kids are very receptive of music and art too.
Way to go - it sounds very inspiring!

Susan said...

Thanks! Just 15 minutes ago he asked to watch the Met's Barbiere from last year - then he said he only wanted the parts with Juan Diego Florez. That's my boy! :)