Monday, April 20, 2009

Summer Plans

Thanks to Maria for providing this info from Broadwayworld.com to the NG Yahoo Fangroup:

Alan Gilbert, who becomes the 25th Music Director of the New York Philharmonic in September 2009 and is the first native New Yorker to hold the post, will open the Concerts in the Parks on Tuesday, July 14 ... He will conclude the Concerts in the Parks with a performance on Central Park’s Great Lawn on Friday, July 17, featuring baritone Nathan Gunn singing selections from Copland’s Old American Songs and selected Mozart arias, followed by Mahler’s Symphony No. 1. All concerts begin at 8:00 p.m. and will be followed by a fireworks display.

So of course I immediately ran to check the performance schedule for Abduction, in case I'm in it... Whew! There are performances July 11, July 16 and July 19 and July 24. I am officially free of any potential rehearsal and/or performance requirements on the 17th!

Also interesting... the opera company with which I am affiliated has many events, classes and other teachable moments to benefit the talented young artists who are admitted to their summer program, like masterclasses led by special guests and so on. On July 15th at 2pm there is an event called, "Modern Opera Read-Through." I'm jus' saying... what am I saying? I'm not saying a thing. But if it's on the calendar on their website, that means it's open to the public. And even if it's not open to the public, if I'm a super, I think I can go to any and all rehearsals and learning-type events. Not that it matters. Nope. No reason to think anything about anything.

Silly me, thinking that going to Rape of Lucretia and then possibly supering in Abduction would be my only adventures for a while. Oh no no no no. There will be fireworks, and I LOVE fireworks.

1 comment:

Maria said...

Wish I could go with you. Sigh.