Thursday, April 30, 2009

Ok, Ok, Here You Go

People have been after me, asking, Where's our Gunnnews? Now, c'mon people, I'm not his paid employee. Talk to the press agent if you want official press. But to shut you all up, I mean, to appease you, here's some news.

A Houston radio station, KUHF, is broadcasting an interview with the folks involved in Brief Encounter, today at Noon and again at 10. I assume that's... whatever time zone Houston is. Central? Mountain, maybe? Figure out your local time when you go to listen. And to whet your appetite, look here for a blog entry about it with a photo. The same content and photo are on the radio station's page. Thanks to Maria for the link.

Right now I'm listening to a podcast of an interview with people from Opera America. Interesting stuff. I wonder if they have any job openings?
***

Edited to add: I did get a chance to listen to the noon broadcast. Interesting stuff. What stood out the most for me was that the entire story is told from the main female character's perspective, so Mr Gunn has to portray his character in that context. The audience gets glimpses of the character's true nature - maybe - it can be interpreted either way - because basically, it's her version of what happened. So his charming aspects are exaggerated the way that happens when you're in that kind of situation, and the possibly seedy stuff doesn't really come through... or does it...

It should be on podcast tomorrow. It's the first part of the segment and lasted about 10 or 15 minutes. There's no musical teaser for it.

No comments: