Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Ideas are Simmering

I have an idea for a video. No, it's not Beethoven's Wig. No, it's not me struggling through some song or another. NO it's NOT Nathan Gunn or anyone else. I just need some time home alone to do it. No! Stop thinking that! It's not inappropriate!! This is a family blog, remember! If it works, it might be silly. I promise, if it's silly enough, I'll post it.

Next order of business.

Sadly, a very young coworker of mine has recently been diagnosed with leukemia. He may have to fly from Baltimore to Seattle for a bone marrow transplant. He is relevant to the blog for two reasons. 1. He is also a super in the local opera company and was in a production last summer, and 2. My department at work is putting on a talent show to raise money for his medical and travel expenses.

No, I'm not pulling out the flaming baton for the show. No, no no.

Truth is, I've been itching to do a duet. Luckily for me, I have a musical friend at work who is willing to dueticize with me. We decided that English is best for this particular projected audience, so we're going with the English version of the Pa Pa Pa duet found on The World's Very Best Opera for Kids - In English. Hmm I thought they used to have their own website but I can't seem to find it. Anyway, we have someone who is willing and able to accompany us on piano so now we just have to procure the piano music for it. Anyone have a copy they'd like to fax to me?

Interestingly enough, my singing partner is interested in becoming a super, and might do one of the roles this summer if he gets his act in gear and contacts the super-captain before they fill all the positions.

Moving right along.

Besides supering, my next operatic adventure is Rape of Lucretia in Philadelphia on Friday, June 12. As of now, I am not nor do I have any intentions of working any connections to go backstage.

No comments: