Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Diagnosis: WhyCan'tIBeAMezzoItis

Remember a few thousand posts ago I wrote about sending Dunque Io Son to my voice teacher? Well she replied... well actually she tried to reply but it kept bouncing back so she printed out her email and handed it to me. So much for a paperless world... but anyway... she's so funny! She said many sopranos suffer from wanting that mezzo sound. Then without my knowledge she did a test while we were warming up. She increased the speed as the notes got higher and she also brought it down lower than usual. I kept up with her and was so busy keeping up that I didn't think about anything else. I kept up with all the vowel changes and there was no discernible break! Afterwards she said she was testing me to see if I could potentially handle coloratura (or as we fondly call it here and elsewhere, cluckuratura)

Making progress on my "project." More on that later.

No comments: