Saturday, April 19, 2008

Somehow I've Forgotten...

...that I'm going to be seeing Juan Diego Florez LIVE LIVE LIVE at the Met in LESS THAN ONE WEEK!!!! HELLO BRAIN WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?????

But seriously, I'm so excited! I feel like such a teenager!! I think the last time I was like this, well, besides before Romeo, Barbiere and Zankel, was when I was like 16 and going to see Adam Ant. Ok, stop laughing!!!!!!!! Oh Duran Duran too - I saw them at Madison Square Garden when I was 16 or 17 and it was the best night of my life... until of course Nathan was squeezering me into him. Look it up, squeezer is a word. Ok, no it's not, I just made it up. But isn't it great?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw JDF in La Fille du Regiment at Covent Garden. He's exceptional, but frankly it's the soprano's show - Natalie Dessay is absolutely unbelievable. JDF only gets about 3 tunes in, she sings for hours... really, you'll love it.

Susan said...

Thanks for the reminder! I'm thrilled about the whole thing, not just JDF. I'm very excited to be seeing Natalie Dessay. I'm thrilled to be going to the opera, to be going to the Met, to be going to NYC again... the whole experience!

Lydia said...

OK, so "sqeezering" is my new favorite word...my squeezering experience involves Dmitri Hvorostovsky, however. =)

Susan said...

Ohh just trolled through your blog and found your Dmitri squeezering moment! Left comments on a bunch of posts but for some reason they're not showing up... Mind if I add a link to your blog from mine? :)

Lydia said...

Glad you liked the photos! Getting squeezered by Dmitri (and Joshua Bell) was...well...awesome. And I checked, and your comments did show up. =)And you can definetly put a link to my blog on yours. =)

Susan said...

Lydia - That's because I reposted them all. ;)