Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Back on Track

Voice lesson coming up this Thursday. In the airport and on the plane on the way to Chicago I read through the music, tapped out the beat, matched the words to the beat and sang it in my head to get the tune. It's cool because I'm really learning to read music. Then last week Alex was playing with Husband's electric guitar tuner. Guess what? It has an audio input mic and a little screen with a frequency meter, and lights that come up for sharp and flat- it's awesome! So now I'm testing myself for pitch. I'll think, ok, let's sing a B. And I'll try to hear it in my head, and then sing it. The meter tells me if I'm close. It's great! I'm getting better with practice.

I clipped out a few arias, duets and ensembles from the recent Barbiere. I can't stop listening to Dunque Io Son. I think I have a girl crush on Joyce... or at least on her voice! It's soooooo beautiful. So I emailed the song to my voice teacher with a message saying that THIS is what I want to sound like... can we do it? I was kidding of course. But a girl can dream, no?

No comments: