Thursday, April 3, 2008

Ah Leve-toi, soleil

The Met's Romeo was (actually, is, but I'm recording it) on Great Performances on PBS today. I watched the first half. Decided to save the floating bed and so on until tomorrow. I got weepy during Ah leve-toi, soleil of all things. Why? It's opera, that's why. Sometimes the music just triggers something and the next thing I know everything is blurry because there are tears in my eyes. Roberto Alanga is a great Romeo. He is Romeo. Don't know how he's able to convince me that he's a 13 or 14 year old boy, but somehow he pulls it off.

I posted a message to my moms' group that everyone should watch. One person replied and made fun of me. I know she's just teasing, but most of them think my love of opera is just strange.

They have no idea what they're missing.

No comments: