Sunday, November 30, 2008

Trips and Travels - More Rumors and My Favorite Travel Destination!

I've been to Spain three times. It's a wonderful, wonderful place. I'd love to go back, although logistics would be hard as I don't think I'd want to take Alex along. See my profile picture over there? ---> That's from one of my trips to Spain - it was taken in Asturias, on the north coast. That's the Atlantic Ocean behind me, to the north. So why do I mention Spain all of a sudden? Well... there are opera houses there... and there are rumors... this one a copy-and-paste of a copy-and-paste...

"Next season, Nathan will sing in Barcelona and Madrid; he said he has always wanted to sing in Spain."

I have just scoured the internet but cannot find any info about next season for Teatro Real in Madrid or El Gran Teatre del Liceu in Barcelona. Lucky me I have blog-friends from both places who read I'd Rather Be Sleeping... so I call out to P. of the Opera and Carlos of the Anna-Netrebko blog ... Any info on the 2009-2010 season? Querais acompanarme al teatro el ano que viene? And Parsi, you can meet us there!!! A blogger convention in Madrid! What do you all say?


6 comments:

Carlos said...

I have been looking for some info but without success up to now. There is some info on some performances for the next season at the Liceu, but I did not found anythin on Gunn. In any case, if you come to Barcelona it will be my pleasure to meet you here. BTW this weekend I will be in Asturias!

Kaitebon said...

The only time I ever got spit at was when I was in fourth grade and our parents took us to see Richard III at the NJ Shakespeare Festival. Some nice old lady had a seat next to her that was unoccupied, so she let me sit there. It was gross.

Kaitebon said...

...The spitting that is. The performance was one of the best I've seen there...and I've seen many since!

Susan said...

Kaitebon, I read your first comment and wondered if the old lady was spitting, or, worse, if the seat was covered when you sat down. Blech!

Susan said...

Also, I think you meant to post all this on the other entry. ;)

tcarstetter said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2Cr0QqQdDo
I believe this maybe a clip from the very mentioned production?
My friend from Hungary just linked me this!