Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Sucking it in with Diana Damrau

Use the lower abs. Pull those muscles into the spine. It's the only way to get that full sound and of course to hit the high notes. So I've poked around YouTube watching abdomens. Here, take a look:




Ok, I started out looking for abs, but I got caught up in the costumes:

She's downright scary here. I guess that's the point. Singing doesn't start until about 3 minutes in:




You do see some good ab work in this one... if you can get past the celery. Broccoli. Lettuce. Whatever:

2 comments:

DivaVixxen said...

She is freakin' amazing! I can't get over how invested she is in the character, but she can still sing. In me, something usually has to give, and a lot of the time it is my technique!

Susan said...

Her voice is un-friggin-believable. I just saw her in Lucia, as you know because I've beaten it to death here in the blog, so to speak. She was A-Maze-Ing.