Sunday, November 23, 2008

Do Ya Think? Do Ya Think I Smell?

That Rod Stewart song keeps going through my head. Wow. Don't even click on that. Seriously. It's bad. So bad that it's good, but then you realize that no, it's beyond good and back to bad.

So here are a few of People Magazine's picks for the sexiest men alive. I don't know who most of them are. But wait.... who is that in that one tiny picture there in the top center? *squinting* Can't...quite... tell...




Maybe a closer look...




Oh! What DO you know. I have met, shaken hands with and been squeezered by one of the Sexiest Men Alive. Well, two, if you count Husband, and of course I do.

You'd think they'd have at least used a shirtless picture. Maybe they couldn't find one.

*****
I HAD to edit this post to add this, just to help put this whole thing into context.

Here is one of the many features this magazine boasts about some of its Sexy Man choices:






This is so absurd that I don't even have a witty remark about it.

12 comments:

Lydia said...

Ah, so now the rest of the world knows what we already did about one of our favorite baritones. Are we shocked he's on the list? Nope, but we're still happy. =)

As for the scratch an' sniff...well...

Susan said...

What, you don't want to scratch his chest to smell his sexy scent? *snort

Anonymous said...

So...I guess you won't be posting shirtless pix of Hubby, either? LOL

Susan said...

I try to keep Real Life out of the blog. Meaning, Husband and Blog don't mix. Plus I'm not sharing him, hahaha.

DivaVixxen said...

You should have seen me on the train to Boston, snorting up that man's chest smell. People thought I was odd. And congrats on your "boyfriend" making the pages!

Susan said...

Divavixxen - No one is supposed to know he's my boyfriend!! I mean, no one knows. Not even him. He doesn't need to know, does he?

Anyone else interpret "made his mark" like, "marking territory?" Except with male opera singers it's probably about farting on stage. Wow. The editors at People missed a huge scratch-and-sniff opportunity here.

Anonymous said...

I just about died when I saw that! He's my absolute favourite baritone, so... :D And I met him, too! At the Lyric stage door at Pearl Fishers. He's such a sweetheart, isn't he?
I actually tried the scratchnsniff thing and it didn't really work... XD

Susan said...

Haha did you scratch your computer? Or do you mean, at the stage door? ;)

Anonymous said...

XD XD XD I tried the Taye Diggs one in the magazine. It smelled like...magazine paper... I think things would get slightly awkward if I tried to smell Nathan Gunn. Just a little. XD At the stage door, I was too busy trying not to faint and trying not to sound like a bumbling idiot to really do anything besides stammer out, "You're my favourite baritone..."

Susan said...

Hadley - I think it would depend upon whether you scratched him first.
I'm pretty sure he's used to women becoming bumbling idiots around him as I have heard this from people time and time again. Must be weird.

Anonymous said...

Yeah. It was pretty easy to fall apart upon seeing him. I just tend to do that when I meet people I'm, like, desperately enamored with. You should've seen me when I shook Barack Obama's hand. I was practically a puddle on the floor.

Susan said...

Heh heh. I'll hopefully be meeting him again in March and my goal is to act like a Normal Person.

It's good to have goals.