Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Who Wants to Babysit???

Nathan Gunn is doing a recital at Zankel Hall on April 15. I can get a ticket for $46 which means I could do the entire evening for like $60 including the train. Woo hoo, I thought... I'm gonna go!

Then, reality: When is Husband going to that conference in Boston? Oh yeah... April 15 - 18. And he's not even going to see Nathan there on the 17th. Wait a sec why aren't Alex and I going to Boston too?

So... anyway... anyone want to babysit on April 15th? Play trains with a rambunctious 3 year old, read him a bunch of stories and put him to bed? We have cable, on-demand, high-speed Internet, unlimited long-distance calling and I'd get a pizza and fill the house with snacks. Anyone?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can do it... I'm flying in to New York a few days before that. Jeez, your husband would FREAK.

"And who are you leaving our son with?"
- An aquaintance.
"And who is this person?"
-A 17 year old.
"Ok...and how do you know him?"
- Um...um....he reads my blog, and um...likes my videos on Youtube!
"Are you kidding ME?!!!!!"
-Relax, honey. He knows Alex really well! He knows that Alex likes to bounce on a ball, and play thomas the tank engine...and um...be carried while I run around...and um..he likes to bang on rocks! Jimmy's totally got this covered! I checked his facebook pics, he looks normal.

*Husband faints*

Anonymous said...

Oh my god! AND...AND we would watch the Magic Flute...on a loop! Your son would love me! Or..he would call the cops.

-Jimmy

Susan said...

If you play trains with him with Magic Flute on in the background, then bounce him on the ball during the Big Song (Translation: Carmen Suite) you'd be Alex's friend for life.

My husband wouldn't freak. He'd be glad I found a babysitter. Wait you're not a molester, are you?

So how far are you willing to travel to babysit, and what's your fee??????? :) (I'm only half joking.)

On the other hand, if I do find a babysitter, you should GO WITH ME!!! Although I'm sure as I type this the recital is selling out.

Parsifal said...

Parsi has two videos for you...

Susan said...

Susan is curious about Parsi's videos... :)