Saturday, March 1, 2008

The Importance of Blogs

I never though of my blog as being important to anyone other than myself. However I am aware that many blogs are very important as forums for people to discuss whatever... so where is this leading?

Ok so the guy who left the nice comment on one of my posts about John Osborn ... his name sounded familiar to me but I couldn't figure out why. So I went and googled him. Turned out I recognized his name from MySpace, because he is friends with Juan Diego Florez and I've seen his comments on JDF's page. So I tried to send him a message to thank him for his comment here on my blog, but his MySpace profile is set so that only his friends can send messages. Then yesterday or possibly the day before, I added him as a friend so I could send him the note with the friend request. He accepted the friend request, posted a comment on my MySpace page about John Osborn and then... deleted me from his friends list. Strange stuff...

Now, this guy is an aspiring singer. He has over 1000 friends on MySpace.
And anyone who has read my blog (all three of you?) know that I have no compunction about calling people on rude behavior. While I don't think it's rude that he didn't keep me on his list, I do think it's odd... considering I could potentially be a fan... and I could potentially write about him here.

That said, I was planning on listening to the music this guy had posted on his MySpace Page, but now I won't.

You know, when I told John O that I have my own "silly" blog (or did I say stupid?) he immediately replied that they're NOT stupid... and I tend to agree. Blogs are a great way to share thoughts and opinions about, well, everything.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Right on! Smack it to him!

Susan said...

Ha you're funny and I bet I know who you are... ;)