Thursday, September 10, 2009

Muddled and Befuddled

I so need to get back into the voice lesson groove. I know how I feel when I learn another layer and really incorporate it, then go back to something I learned earlier and hear how much better I sound. I need to focus for 45 minutes on singing. That's really what I need. I rarely get that chunk of time at home to myself to focus on anything.

One thing I love is when my voice hits some timbre and I feel it resonate in my head and/or in my body. I get into a groove and just feel it. I almost stop thinking and just go.

Once again I'm finding it hard to explain what I mean. But this time it's mainly because it's 11:30 pm and I've had a stressful day unrelated to opera. I won't bore you with the details, but needless to say they have mushed my brain a bit.

Ok I just yawned such a big yawn that I felt like how a snake must feel when it unhinges its jaw to eat some big thing it's caught.

Perhaps I'll read this tomorrow and post a follow up when I'm feeling more eloquent and can see a bit straighter.

No comments: