Thursday, September 3, 2009

Beauty Smack

I was listening to one of those "highlights" CDs on the way home from work. You know, where they cut out the recit and put just the arias/duets/etc on the CD... In this case it was Nozze di Figaro. So la la la I'm driving along and it gets to the part with the Spanish March, I think it's the end of Act 3, when Figaro tells Susana give him her arm... starting at about 4:05 in this video... and all of a sudden the beauty of the music just smacked me in the face. I mean, yeah, I know it's beautiful, but I suddenly felt like crying. And yeah, I know, I'm an easy weeper when it comes to opera. It runs in the family. So anyway I was like, what the heck? Why is this making me so emotional? Of course the answer is, it's Mozart. Duh. And I guess I was in the right place at the time I heard it, or at some place, anyway, that made me all weepy when I heard something I've heard dozens (or more!) times before. Go figure.

I am such a girl, sometimes.

No comments: