Friday, September 18, 2009

The Never Ending Project

Really I should say, the never beginning project.

I have mentioned a possible performance opportunity in past entries. They want to hear me sing but we've been unable to arrange anything for a variety of reasons. Life, I guess, just keeps getting in the way.

It was on my To Do list to call again this week, and before I had a chance to call, I got an email about an upcoming performance. So I called. I'm waiting now for a call back, but the person I spoke with mentioned a date before the date of the upcoming performance, I assume as a sort of rehearsal/audition. And the date is the very same date as Back to School night for Alex. Can't miss that. He just started kindergarten and he's in a collaborative class, which means there are kids like him on the autism spectrum (PDD-NOS and SPD, please click the links to learn about what his life is like!!) and "model" children. I really want to meet the other parents and see what his school day is like. That means putting this off yet another month, unless they're planning on doing this in the afternoon. But... I doubt it...

Well, on the bright side, that gives me more time to improve, practice and add a layer.

No comments: