Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Yoga for Singers!

I meant to write about this before but kept forgetting. Welcome to my life.

Anyway, last spring my voice teacher participated in a day-long workshop of yoga for singers. She's now taking private lessons with the yoga singing teacher. She told me that soon he'll be doing group yoga classes for singers through Westminster and she urged, yes URGED me to give it a try. When and with what money? We didn't go there. She said she firmly believed that it would help me a lot. I am intrigued, and I have done yoga before, so I'll think about it. It all depends on the schedule and the price.

So is this a new thing, or has it been around a while and I've just never heard of it? I mean, it makes perfect sense to incorporate the posture, core strengthening and flexibility of yoga into singing. I really will have to think about it, especially once I know more about it.

No comments: