Friday, May 1, 2009

Wow wow wow!

The Met is giving us a free weekend of their Met Player service. So even though they're broadcasting this same opera live tonight, and I'm seeing next week in HD in the movies, I've spent the last hour or so watching La Cenerentola, with Cecilia Bartoli and Ramon Vargas. Love love love it!!! You can expand the window to your entire screen and the quality is fabulous. I wish I had more time to watch - in a perfect world, I'd be home alone the entire weekend, the weather would be horrible and I'd have no alternative but to order in Chinese food and watch opera for 72 hours straight. However, the world is not perfect, so I'll have to make do with the rest of Cenerentola and then choice snippets from the other gems there before the free period ends.

1 comment:

Lydia said...

Isn't this great!!
Of course, this had to happen right before finals week when I'm finishing projects and studying. How am I supposed to get anything done when there's all of this opera?!?!!

Needless to say, listening to one of my professors/mentors sing from the Met while studying is pretty cool. =)