Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Homonym Trouble

My my. Looks like the Grammar Police have instilled a fear of editing into Mr. Gunn. It's ok Nathan, we don't like you for your spelling skills. Keep your mind on the music and don't waist OOPS I mean, waste time with spelling and grammar. Great story though. Next time my backyard is filled with deer (like, tonight) maybe I'll ... no, I don't think so. I may have long hair but I lack the testosterone to chase the herd. I'll stick to gathering berries and peaches in the yard. If the deer have left me any, that is. Maybe I can hire the Gunnster to chase the deer out of the yard so I can keep a garden. There's a thought.

I still find it mind-boggling that anyone can write anything and not proof it, since I write, rewrite, spell-check, edit and revise everything about 500 times, and I still make mistakes that I later go back and fix. Of course, I'm a bit nuts about that. Well, I suppose there are worse problems to have.

2 comments:

DivaVixxen said...

I am the same way...yet errors still slip through the cracks! It's like I never went to college.

Susan said...

Divavixxen - I don't know how far back you've read in my blog, but I have a few posts from a while back about NG's spelling and grammar in his blog. It started as a discussion on his yahoo fan message board. If there was ever any question as to whether or not he (or someone close to him) reads his message board, there isn't now. Right after that flurry of messages he wrote a blog entry about grammar. ;)

Of course, it's highly unlikely that he or anyone close to him reads MY blog so ...

Your blog, on the other hand, is impeccably written, so there's nothing to make fun of.

Attention all I'd Rather Be Sleeping Readers!! Go read Divavixxen's blog and don't forget to click on all the google ads to put a few extra pennies into her pockets! She's a starving artist! Show some compassion, people!

Ok I've edited and previewed this comment enough, time to hit publish... here... I .... go... it's.... hard... WHEW.