Monday, August 18, 2008

Stuff and Other Stuff

A "this and that" post.

My friend with whom I went to see Romeo and Fille this past season at the Met plans on seeing Lucia in October with an opera class she teaches. She's supposedly purchasing the tickets this very evening and of course I told her to add me to the list for tickets. So hopefully she remembered to call and was able to get through and was able to get good seats for the night she wants. If yes to all that, then I'll be seeing Diana Damrau in Lucia! Sorry to all the Anna lovers out there, but my choice is based on the timing and company, not the cast, this time around. I hardly think I'll be disappointed. My friend and I talked about the casting - it's like saying, do you want to stay at a 6 star hotel or a 5 star hotel? Umm does it really make a difference? I've already seen Anna live. I have another friend whose opinion I respect highly and he is a Diana freak, like the way I'm a JDF and NG freak OOPS I MEAN, fan, yes, we are both fans, and anyway bottom line is, I'm glad that if my (first mentioned) friend gets the tickets, I'll be seeing Diana D.

That was the "this," now here's a "that," as in, look at that!

Found some more photos online from Love and Other Demons.


Priest seducing a 12 year old redhead.
Yeah, I wouldn't want my mother to see me doing that either.



Do you perform with clothes on?


And so as not to leave you with these possibly unnerving images (for whatever personal unnerving reason you may have) I will end this on a light note with more Muppets. I can sing higher. I can sing higher. Yo ho.



1 comment:

poltergeist said...

Wow, if I were in your position I don't know what cast would I have chosen... I love Anna Netrebko, but Lucia with Diana Damrau must be very interesting too, I have heard only a couple of things of her, but I think she is very good too.

Enjoy both Sonnambula and Lucia!