Friday, August 22, 2008

Ticketed

The tickets for the live HD transmissions from the Met went on sale today. I bought a pair of tickets for two performances - Lucia with Anna Netrebko in Feb and La Cenerentola in May. That spreads my opera out quite nicely:

Oct 22- Lucia at the Met - Diana Damrau!!!
Feb 2 (I think)- Lucia in the movies - Anna Netrebko!!!
Feb - Die Fledermaus, either as a super or else as a paying customer
March 24 - La Sonnambula at the Met - Juan Diego Florez!!! Natalie Dessay!!!(AAAHHHH!!!!!!! Can't wait!!!)
May 9 - La Cenerentola in the movies - Larry Brownlee - Sorry, I mean, Lawrence. I don't know him so I can't call him Larry. (well not yet, ha ha)

Now... what to do... what to do... The Gunnster is starring in The Rape of Lucretia with the Opera Company of Philadelphia. It's in a tiny theater. Tickets are available now for subscribers. So I could pay $75 to subscribe and then $95 for a ticket... or... I could wait until December when they go on sale for the Rest of Us. The theater is so small that all the seats are probably pretty good, but... 3rd or 4th row sure would be nice. On the other hand, do I want to see an opera that involves a rape and the ensuing emotional breakdown of the victim? And do I want to pay an extra $75 to guarantee that discomfort? Yeap. I think I'll wait until December, when I will then kick myself for not shelling out the extra money to get a ticket now.

Dayum, why is opera so friggin' expensive?

Ok. It's Friday. Cat pic time.


OHMYGOD what happened to the cat????
Ok that is so not a cat. It's my friend's dog Bear!! Bear-Bear, what are you doing in my house????

Let's try again:


Nope. They're not allowed on the table. Right.

Finally, I will end the post by embedding the video to which the comments here refer. Enjoy!



6 comments:

poltergeist said...

SOUNDS GREAT!!!!!

Susan said...

LOL Poltergeist, You made your comment while I was editing the post and adding more stuff. Now go read it again!! :)

poltergeist said...

LOL, Nathan Gunn sounds great too! Seems it's going to be a pretty intensive opera season for you! :)

Carlos said...

The HD live transmission of Lucia with Anna and Rolando is scheduled on Saturday 7. Feb 2009

Drammy said...

Ah I'm seeing Diana Damrau in Gilda. I decided Lucia was too weighty and tragic for my taste! Even though of course Rigoletto isn't exactly all sunshine and rainbows either...at least the music has some respites from gloom and doom [e.g. donna e mobile].

Susan said...

Lucia is probably a bit to dramatic for me too, but I'm going with a group. One of my friends is teaching a class about the opera and a bunch of them are going, so I'm tagging along. Should be fun!