Monday, June 30, 2008

Grammar Police!

Wow people (including myself) are going a bit nuts on Nathan Gunn's Yahoo Fan Group. It started with a link to his journal entry, and then a comment on the grammar and spelling in his journal, and then everyone (including me!!) went off (or is that on???) about grammar.

Meanwhile, what none of them know is, because I spend so much time with my over-generalizing son, I've been known to say "goed," "taked" and other rule-following yet grammatically incorrect conjugations.

Speaking of my over-generalizing child, today we watched parts of Fille. Again. Rataplan Rataplan Rataplan. Actually I don't mind at all - I like it too. When I like an opera I can listen to it several (hundred) times in a row. I'll hear different things each time. In fact, today I was listening to the music lesson in Act II on my way home from work. It's so wonderful. Natalie Dessay's voice is just... too beautiful for words. I felt like the music was pouring into my ears and spreading through my body like warm sweet syrup. And it's all calorie-free!

No comments: