Sunday, June 22, 2008

Great. Now that photo'll be all over the Internet.

No, Michael, not all over the Internet. Just on my blog.

"Random Chorus Member Number 12," as she prefers to be called, whose lap is under Michael's head, inspired the photo caption: (meaning, I took part of what she said and then made it my own.)


World-famous La Scala tenor Michael Fabiano with xxxx Opera Company,
where chorus members scramble for q-tips to dig chunks of wax out of his ears.


Truth is, when I showed him the picture and he said what has since become the title of the post, I couldn't tell if he was being snarky or jokey. I was sitting there on the steps eating my apple when he plunked his head down in her lap and said, "You smell good, like a girl," and she replied, "You have a big chunk of wax in your ear." And she really did dig the wax out, using the paper towel I had used to dry my apple. No, I didn't take the towel back. Ew.

Here are some more rehearsal pictures:





Look! Someone was recording the rehearsal! What is that machine? I want one!



Some sort of stomach bug is going around the cast and apparently the supers are not immune, so I'll have to write about the rehearsal in detail another time when I am in full health.

Also, I went to a live performance behind Panera last night, well half of one anyway, and I'll have my version of a full review up in a few days.

5 comments:

poltergeist said...

Stomach bug?? oh, oh, bad thing. All courtesans and party assistants must look healthy and happy! (except for Violetta, though...;)

Keep enjoying (and posting about) your rehearsals.

Can Bass 1 said...

But why were they recording the rehearsal?

Susan said...

I don't know who was recording it or why. Some people take notes during the rehearsal, so maybe that's one person's way of taking notes?

Anonymous said...

The recorder is probably this or something similar.

Susan said...

Mike! Hi! Thanks for the link. I don't really want one, I just like the idea of wanting one.

Now everyone who reads this should go see this: http://www.planetofthegeeks.com/trek/beertrek/index.php

(How did you make a word a link? Trying but can't...)