Sunday, June 29, 2008

It's La Fille-ful

Fille was on PBS again this afternoon. I saw the DVR recording light on so I turned on the TV to see what it was catching. Canceled the recording because I already have it, but kept it on anyway. Alex was totally into it! It was at the part where the soldiers caught Tonio and dragged him into the camp. Ah yes the Little Tenor in his lederhosen, so adorable. Alex kept complaining, "This is an OPERA! There's too much talking." I agree, there is far too much. But we did some puzzles and played some games during the talky bits. He watched the ENTIRE THING THROUGH TO THE END!!! INCLUDING THE CREDITS!!!!

His favorite part: When the drunken soldiers sing the "Rataplan" song.

Natalie Dessay is AMAZING. I so want to be able to sing like her but realize that it's just impossible. It will never happen. She hits notes that when I try, no sound comes out. What's up with that????

After watching it through to the end this afternoon, I came and reread my post-Fille posts and got that happy excited tummy feeling. Sounds hokey but y'all know what I mean, right?

No comments: