Friday, January 16, 2009

Obvious Side-Effects

I usually (ok, always) check my email with my morning coffee. Today I had a subscription update from YouTube, and in the abbreviated blurb that comes with each video in the email, I saw "Osborn" and "Tapia." Interesting, I thought. Then I went to work, where YouTube is blocked. (there are ways around that but that's for another post.) Then I forgot!!! Bad me. Then I was thinking about John Osborn for some reason and I suddenly remembered. The "Tapia" listed there actually isn't his wife - it's a guy! It's obviously an audience recording, but in spite of that the quality is pretty good. The person who uploaded it is obviously a Dessay fan, hence the title of this post. So anyway, here it is:

Bellini
LA SONNAMBULA

Amina...........Natalie Dessay
Elvino..........John Osborn
Rodolfo.........Eric Owens
Teresa..........Claire Larcher
Lisa............Marie Devellereau
Alessio.........Alberto Tapia
Un notario......Giulano Bernardi

Hans Graf, conductor

Opéra National de Bordeaux

July 1999



Cool, huh? I can't wait to see this in March!

No comments: