Sunday, February 10, 2008

Article about John Osborn

I know there might be one or two Juan Diego fans out there who glance at my ramblings from time to time. I also know that there are mixed feelings about the whole Chicago thing, from the comments I've read at Opera Chic , Parterre and other places. So to supplement my previous review of JDF's replacement (well, can ANYONE really replace him??) I will paste and link here an article from the U.S. One, that free paper I mentioned before that had this article about about John Osborn, the man who has the difficult task of reminding everyone of their disappointment. But like I said before, I don't think he or any of the ticket-holders have anything to worry about. Believe it or not, I'm actually looking forward to seeing him again.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just returned home from opening night of Il Barbiere Di Siviglia at the Lyric Opera Chicago and John Osborn was amazing. I have seen Juan live before and this guy named John Osborn blew me away. I don't like to put one against the other, but i will say i was very impressed with Johns voice. A bit richer than jdf's voice and his voices is equally good. In some parts of the opera i actually like johns voice better. Totally caught me of guard. And yes he did sing "o cessa di pui resitere. It is a ten minute aria that is usually left out of the opera. John made it look easy. It was amazing. To all you opera fans you must seek this guy out. Completely amazing tenor voice. Joel Bjoerling,tenor p.s. Please put up a music page on myspace or some venue so we can hear more.