Monday, February 11, 2008

Sucked Into Reality

I'll admit it: I've never seen American Idol. Or Survivor. Or most of the others. I did watch a couple episodes of Temptation Island way back when the chick with the long red hair was on... c'mon, y'all know who I'm talking about. So anyway, the point is, I'm not a reality show junkie.

Until now.

Flipping through the channels and come across "Bathroom Diva." They're at... get this... OPERA BOOT CAMP!!! A bunch of adults who have never sung opera are thrown together into a dorm where they get extensive training in all things operatic. Then each week one of them is voted off by the judges. It was really cool to watch - like a master class, only not as drawn out and boring because it was edited for the television audience. Check out the intro with the quirky note-following with Der Holle Rache, stopping to make words that start with p or b depending on the note.

I have found my niche in the reality show obsession. Or maybe it's more accurate to say, they have found me?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this show, too!! I'm rooting for the country singer!!

Patrick from West LA