Monday, March 9, 2009

I Haven't Forgotten

All this talk about what to wear on Thursday, what shoes, what earrings, what what what... but I haven't forgotten that my adventure begins on Wednesday with my trip to the Met to see La Sonnambula! I don't have a photo of me in the outfit (yet) but here's the skirt AND the earrings I made tonight to go with it. I was looking at the skirt this afternoon wondering what earrings to wear with it. I went to my jewelry box and saw a pair with these black flowery beads. Black... flowers... exactly the same colors as the skirt! I have a bunch of those beads so I fussed around with them this evening and came up with these sparkly things! Oops they're hanging crooked, oh well. You get the idea. And no, I didn't get the skirt at Old Navy. Even better - I got it at a church rummage sale for like $2. Cost me more to clean it. It's (too) long, it's gauzy, it's flouncy, it's lined. Perfect for a trip to the Met.

:

With it I'm wearing a cute black shirt - one of the "my eyes are up here" shirts of course - with either a chunky amethyst necklace or one of the many fun purple-themed rhinestone necklaces I got from my grandmother.

So now I have to figure out how to get the Thursday night outfit, Thursday day outfit, plus the Thursday purse, the Thursday shoes, pajamas and other overnight things, my small binocs, the little camera and the gifts all into my little backpack. Gifts? Well, earrings for my friend who graciously offered her couch to me... but I'm bringing her a selection from which to choose. The other gift - well, I broke down and figured, since there's a good chance I'll get some face time with Mr. Gunn, I might as well keep with tradition and bring him some contraband in the form of a CD of a recent recital for him to throw on the pile with the other ones I've given him.

My, "I'll see what I can do" contact requested that I follow up on Wednesday. I will, of course, report back once I have the yay or nay on that. I don't want to get my hopes up but at the same time... I'm hoping... But I have tons of adventure to get through between now and then!! If I can post on Thursday, I will.

But first... Wednesday!! Juan Diego Florez!!! Natalie Dessay!!! Beautiful music with a stupid set! Hooray!

Haha I just had a thought - why not wear the same outfit two days in a row? I did consider it, but then I remembered that after taking the train and walking around the city, the shirt probably wouldn't hold up too well. Plus I'll probably spill something on it. The skirt I could probably get away with... and it's not like I'm seeing the same people... Hm.. do I have another acceptable black shirt? That would lighten my load a great deal... Will ponder this for the next 10 minutes or so.

No comments: