Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Who It's About

I've mentioned before that I'm a member of a popular social networking site. This particular site has people finding old classmates, coworkers, ex-boyfriends and girlfriends, random opera singers and so on. Oops did I say random opera singers? Well some of them ask for it. But that's not the subject of my post. I mean, that particular opera singer isn't.

Right, where was I?

Ok, so I'm sure I've mentioned before that back in college I was a member of a radio comedy troupe. We are now, of course, finding each other on that social networking site and are having a mini-reunion. One of the many fun things about the site is that you can type in a "status update" as in, "Susan is writing in her blog right now," and your friends can add comments. So one of my college comedy friends had a status update about wanting to be the weird neighbor on a sitcom, and the comments evolved from there. Not only do they give my own personal history, but they show the type of relationship we all had in this strange nerdy clique: (names have been modified to protect, oh I don't know, the "innocent." Not that there are any.)

Mike wants desperately to be the wacky neighbor (tm) on a sitcom. 8:49am - 19 comments


Susan at 8:51am September 24

Art imitates life?


Mike at 8:51am September 24

And Art will be hearing from my lawyer, just you wait


Amy at 10:48am September 24

I'm trying not to be a desperate housewife. I need a better job!


Susan at 10:52am September 24

I almost have the name of one... yet I've never seen it... hmm not sure where I'm going with this. Can I be Dr. Who's new sidekick chick?


Mike
at 11:10am September 24

I think you'd make an excellent companion for The Doctor. You always had a definite Bonnie Langford quality about you


Susan at 11:13am September 24

The curly red hair?


Mike
at 11:17am September 24

That, and your penchant for breaking into song for no apparent reason


Susan at 11:19am September 24

There's always a reason. Did I do that "back then?"


Mike
at 11:21am September 24

Yes, you did. Trust me. My memory of those times isn't impaired by the chemicals I used to ingest. I think. What's my name today?


Susan at 11:22am September 24


Wow this is totally going in my blog. http://luindriel.blogspot.com.


Mike at 11:30am September 24

I swear I had no idea about your work with the local opera company, but that only proves my recollection about you breaking into song correct (see, this is how conspiracy junkies' minds work; the mind is a terrible, wonderful thing)


Susan at 11:31am September 24

It's voice lessons, Mike - I study voice. I'm silent on stage with the opera. ;)


Mike at 11:32am September 24

Just work with me here......;-)


Susan at 11:34am September 24

Yes, I'm the star (servant, townsperson, monk) with the local opera company.


Mike at 11:35am September 24

Now you're getting it! And don't forget to talk about your husband Adrian Paul...


Susan at 10:18pm September 24


Hey can I quote this thread on my blog? I'll remove your name to protect the innoce... well, I'd remove your name.


Mike at 10:23pm September 24

Of course you can; you don't even have to remove my name (just don't put my email address). I'm flattered


Susan at 10:30pm September 24


Oh don't be. It's not about you. Bwuaaahaahaaa!!!
look, see:
http://luindriel.blogspot.com/2008/07/rants-and-reminders.html
.

No comments: