Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Supers, Patrons, Chorus. But mostly Patrons.

It's a three-thing post.

Numero Uno:

The super captain sent an email asking the supers for our background and so on so he can put together a flyer or something to send to the director of the upcoming winter opera. He's heard that they don't need any supers, and he's also heard that they'll need 3. Love that.

Number 2:

Had another chorus rehearsal at work today. We sang Silent Night in English and German. It's weird singing in a chorus that anyone can join. Some people think they're singing but they're just monotone. What's up with that? But it doesn't really matter. The idea of the chorus isn't to be technically perfect, but to have fun and perform around the holidays. We're doing a set of international Christmas carols. Oops I mean, holiday music. It's not all about Christmas... just 99% of it is.

And finally, C:

Still debating the tickets for Italian Girl in Algiers in Phila. They're so expensive!! It adds up so quickly. Cheapish seats are $72 x 2 = 144 + 11 processing fee = $155, and then we'd have to pay a babysitter like $50 or more, plus either gas+parking or else 2 train tickets, plus dinner, equals a whole lotta cashola that we just don't have right now. I don't want to sit in the nosebleed and/or partial view seats, and I don't really feel like going alone. Really what I need is to find a personal patron who, in the interest of my cultural education, is willing to fund these things. In exchange I'll uh... let's see... oh I know, I'll dedicate my blog to my patron. Anyone interested?

3 comments:

DivaVixxen said...

Ah, chorus singing. Ah, in German. Ah, so glad that is no longer a requirement for me.

Anonymous said...

well, i can't fund you. but good luck!
i recently joined the school chorus. i'll report soon.

oh. and that's weird. i just clicked on 'next blog' , stupidly thinking that referred to 'next post' or something, and it took me to something with a warning for 'questionable content'. um....yay blogspot?

-you know who

Susan said...

Hi Anon, Glad to see you back at the blog. Now, no more clicking on "next blog," ok?