Friday, September 12, 2008

Dilemma Deleted, Collection Commenced

After getting an embarrassing rejection from my friend who watched Alex last April, ( HIRE BABYSITTER!) (YEAH I WOULD IF I KNEW ONE), I searched through all the dates for La Sonnambula at the Met and finally found what I'd consider acceptable tickets, two seats together, for Wed, March 11 in my "regular" place, the good ole balcony. This time it's Row B, Seats 116 and 118, right in the center. AND the tickets are just $65 each plus all the taxes and fees. So before finalizing the purchase I checked with Husband and my opera companion to confirm the date was good. So I now have two sets of tickets for La Sonnambula. I seem to have a habit of collecting opera tickets for performances Juan Diego Florez is in. I'm thinking I should buy HD movie tickets for it too, like I did for La Fille last year. Maybe that'll open up a couple of Matinee tickets in the balcony for me.

So, dear readers, would any of you like to purchase the original tickets? The info is:

La Sonnambula
Conductor: Evelino Pidò
Amina: Natalie Dessay
Elvino: Juan Diego Flórez
Rodolfo: Michele Pertusi

Tues March 24, 2009
8:00 PM

Dress Circle, Row C, Seats 26 and 28. *(Or maybe 24 and 26, I forget)

I paid $217 for both tickets. Any takers out there?

No comments: