Friday, September 5, 2008

At Least It's Not Just Opera (and a cat pic too of course)

"Oooohhhh," I thought when I saw that Cirque du Soleil was performing one town over. I've always wanted to go see them. Then I looked at the ticket prices. $95 and $75. Two tickets to that is actually more than two tickets to The Italian Girl in Algiers. No opera, no circus.

Cat pic time, seeing as it's Friday and all.


Diego caught in the act! Of what I'm not sure.

Finally, a quick report on the Future Opera Singer. Good thing he likes opera because he won't be pursuing a career as a piano player if he keeps this up. And of course these things always happen when Husband isn't home. In yesterday's case, he was at a baseball game.

I got a free plastic travel mug at work and gave it to Alex to play with in the bath. The lid comes apart into two pieces. One of the pieces has a hole in it. Silly Mommy wasn't thinking that would be a problem until Alex stuck his finger in it and couldn't get it out! I tried liquid soap, I tried lotion, I tried cutting it off with my flimsy scissors, all to no avail. Finally I called my friend across the street. She came over with an armload of tools, including a pair of heavy duty scissors that finally did the trick. Here she is, 7 1/2 months pregnant, kneeling on my bathroom floor, trying the pliers first. OK, it's just her arms, but I had to throw that pregnancy mention in there.



Thankfully she got him out and I avoided an embarrassing call to 911.

And no, I didn't run to get the camera. I had my iPhone in my hand trying to reach Husband by phone and by text message. He finally called after it was all over, and since everything turned out fine, figured he'd stay until the end of the game. And there's yet another difference between men and women.

Luckily I don't think it's possible to get your vocal cords stuck in a hole... is it???

1 comment:

DivaVixxen said...

Parenting is not for the faint of heart. And I am VERY faint of heart.