Friday, March 12, 2010

Trust

Voice lesson and Opera Project rehearsal tomorrow.

  • I trust my teacher and will follow her advice, even when, or should I say, especially when, she makes me laugh.
  • I trust I will not make a fool of myself tomorrow afternoon in the rehearsal.
  • I trust the singers and the teachers there to offer moral and occasionally technical support.
  • I trust myself not to come across as an insecure little girl, even if that's how I feel inside, especially after I hear other people sing.

I still have this feeling of disbelief, like, how can I possibly share a stage with all these talented singers? How did I trick them? I go back and forth between feeling confident and feeling like I'm insane.

Guess that's typical. I almost typed normal instead of typical, but really, what is normal?

No comments: