Monday, December 28, 2009

Lu-Cha-Cha-Chia-ing it Yet Again

I've seen it at the Met. I've seen it at NJ Opera. I've seen it on TV. Now I'm seeing it again - this time in Florida. Ok so remember last year when I took my mom to see Nozze at Florida Grand Opera? Well this year I timed my annual Florida visit to take her to see Lucia di Lammermoor. And remember the year before, when I wrote about that Rigoletto with NJ Opera that I didn't super in because my email address changed between seasons? See where I wrote, "The woman who sang Gilda was FABULOUS!!!!" ? That was Eglise Gutierrez and she is singing the role of Lucia. I'm very excited to see her again, and I'm thrilled to be able to take my mother to the opera again. She's delighted. Two of my cousins are coming too, so we'll have a real girls' night out, with "girls" ranging in age from 29 - 82!

That weekend overlaps with the local production of Carmen, so even if I do get chosen to super (I've applied but have heard nothing) I wouldn't be able to do it.

No comments: