Tuesday, March 13, 2007

A litte more Magic and how about a haircut?

Finally, finally, after Alex (finally) went to bed, I got to watch the other parts of Magic Flute. I hadn't seen most of it since it was broadcast on PBS. The music is just so beautiful. Of course I didn't skip the Papageno parts even though I could probably perform them myself in my sleep. I'm really looking forward to when Jim and I go see the full version this summer. Of course IF the director decides that he needs adult female supers AND IF I get in, I SUPPOSE I'll give up the ticket for a chance to be a part of the performance! Those are big, unlikely ifs.

So the next operatic event is Rossini's "Barbiere di Seviglia" on March 24, broadcast live from the Met into the movies. Should be a little more lighthearted than Turandot! Paul was going to babysit but then Alex got invited to a birthday party and Jim decided he didn't want to go, so Lin will probably come along again. Jim and Alex will go to Logan's "Thomas the Tank Engine" birthday party.

It's hard for me to think about Barber of Seville without conjuring up pictures of Bugs Bunny and Elmer Fudd raising themselves up in the barber chairs. That and the daisies growing from Elmer Fudd's head. I sometimes sing bits of the opera when I wash Alex's hair.

This barber talk has reminded me... time to call "The Lab" for a trim.

And finally, to use the word finally once more in the post, perhaps this month I'll finally ask around about singing lessons.

No comments: