Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The Secret SURPRISE Phone Call

Banawoman, a good friend who I've mentioned here in the blog before, was lucky enough to go to a musical event this evening near where she lives. She called me before and after, for we always communicate telephonically before and after these events. But somehow, and I'm not complaining, mind you, her phone accidentally dialed mine during the performance, and stayed connected for about 2 minutes. What a treat! I'm not at liberty to say what the event was, so there will be no links, although my long time readers can no doubt guess the what and the who of it. It was bizarre and cool and there was no way in heck I was hanging up even if it was somewhat against the rules. I mean, it was a mistake. She probably meant the turn the thing off and instead hit redial. Who knows? Either way, I "suffered" through the guilt and let the phone disconnect itself.

There had been a chance that I'd come into a new set of photographs for the other website from the evening from a different source (not Banawoman, for, like me, she does not "sneak" media, and accidental phone calls that are not recorded don't count), but apparently that is not to be - people were specifically requested by the performers to NOT take photos due to "a recent unpleasant photo experience" they had. Wow, that sounds so... gossipy. And you know me, I try to stay away from gossip. So I'm staying away from that one. I honestly have no info. Well, that's not true. I do have an inkling, but it doesn't involve me, and that makes it gossip, so...

I wonder if at the next event they'll make an announcement, "please do not call your friends during the performance, accidentally or on purpose..." *sigh* It wouldn't surprise me.

Moving right along...

Right. Off to bed.

2 comments:

Banawoman said...

I couldn't get over how thrilled you were to hear that Springsteen was in Cleveland last night.

Susan said...

Well, I am a Jersey Girl, after all.