Thursday, December 20, 2007

The Advice Worked!

So after cancellations for various reasons, I had my first voice lesson today since December 1st. I kept that advice mind that Nathan Gunn talked about in his podcast, the advice from one of his teachers to "just sing" and not worry about how you sound or what anyone thinks... so I kept that in mind today and it really made a difference! It helped me to relax and I was able to get all the way to a high C during warm ups and you know what? I didn't sound bad! Now that I know I can do it, my next step is to be able to hit it for longer than just a second at the top of a vocal exercise.

On an unrelated note, my "opera source" hooked me up with recordings of Barbiere in San Francisco with Nathan as Figaro, and Die Zauberflote at the Met with him as Papageno. Hooray for the internet!

No comments: