Monday, December 24, 2007

Nathan Gunn and Scotch, perfect together!

Tonight at my brother-in-law's house, Alex announced that he wanted to listen to Nathan Gunn. Ok, so I put on Just Before Sunrise. I then wandered into the study to find Jim and his brother smelling an an open bottle of scotch. My brother-in-law has speakers in there so we could hear the music. I stuck my nose in for a sniff and thought it smelled nice, so I asked to try it. After 1 sip I said, "You know, this is PERFECT music to listen to while drinking scotch." They agreed and then my brother-in-law opened a cabinet and pulled out three other
bottles, and suddenly I was having a scotch-tasting. They were still working on giant glasses of wine so it was just me. At one point I asked for a cigar just to pose with for a picture... and my
brother-in-law stuck a golf magazine in my hand... and all the while we're listening to the CD. Every now and then one of us would exclaim, "Wow, this really IS great music to drink scotch to!" And no I didn't smoke the cigar!

By the way, the title of this post is a spoof of some old New Jersey slogan: New Jersey and You - Perfect Together.

No comments: