Thursday, February 7, 2008

Half a degree of separation

I wrote this email to a friend (yet another YouTuber-turned-friend) and realized it can double as a blog posting:

Can things get any stranger? NJ Opera is doing Rigoletto this weekend. Today I picked up the local free entertainment newspaper for the daily listings of stuff to do. I looked at the table of contents to see what page the daily listings started. For some reason I glanced down at the list of articles, which I never ever do. There was an article about a "Nice Tenor Playing the Cad," so I went to the page. The name of the guy sure sounded familiar... sure enough, it's the guy who's replacing JDF. Now, I might be able to score a free ticket for the concert. There's a reception afterwards that you have to pay for, but I went last year on a free ticket and was able to crash. (shhh, heh heh). So if I get a ticket, my plan is to crash the reception and then pass this guy some fish. No really I'll try to chat with him if I can because he's another potential contact for meeting Nathan Gunn. So we'll see...First, let's see if that ticket materializes. :)

No comments: